We are committed to providing you with the best pet care possible. In order to do this, we ask that you please read the following policies and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
- For all new clients, we provide a free initial consultation with you no less than one week before our first visit. This consultation lasts approximately 30-60 minutes, and its purpose is to ensure that both parties are in sync with expectations, that the pet and sitter are compatible, and to gather all information needed to begin service.
- We will take your duplicate keys with us during this meeting (see ‘Keys’ section below for more details).
- If an additional trip is required for a practice visit, to reacquaint with a pet, meet a new pet, or any other reason, these trips will be charged at a rate equal to one visit.
- Please provide two sets of keys. One will be kept locked in our office as a backup, and one will remain with your sitter. Your name/address will not be attached to the key. Keeping a key on file can be useful if you ever find yourself locked out of your home. We will bring you a key as quickly as our schedule allows.
- If you are unable to make a copy of the keys before the initial consultation, we can do that for you at a charge of $10 and the price of the keys.
- If you do not want us to have your keys on file, then trips for key pickup and return will be charged at a rate of $10.
- A pet sitter who locks themselves out will use the spare key on file or will personally absorb the cost of a locksmith. However, if a pet sitter is unable to obtain entrance into your home due to no fault of their own, the pet owner will be responsible for reimbursing the cost of a locksmith.
- Cats, birds, reptiles, fish and small mammals should be seen a minimum of once daily.
- Dogs must be seen a minimum of twice daily if you are absent from the residence for more than 24 hours. This may be an overnight visit only which includes a morning and evening walk.
- Please provide proof that your cat/dog is currently vaccinated for rabies. Animals which are medically exempt from the rabies vaccination should have a letter from the exempting veterinarian attesting to the animal’s medical condition and exemption from vaccination.
Reservations, Cancellations & Changes
- Once you are assigned a password and fill out your client profile in the ‘Clients’ section of the website, you can make reservations, cancellations or changes online clicking here >>. If you don’t have Internet access, you can make reservations by phone at 727-584-PAWS (7297). If you get voicemail, we will make our best effort to get back to you by C.O.B. that day but no more than 24 hours.
- Cancellations made 24 hours or more before the service will be credited to your account if already paid. Any cancellations within 24 hours of the day of service(s) are non-refundable. All remaining paid services will be given a credit and can be used for future services.
- Last minute (24 hours or less) reservations are subject to an additional surcharge of $10 per visit. There is no guarantee that we will be available until approved online, phone or text.
- Visits made between the hours of 8:00pm and 11:00pm are subject to an additional $3 charge per visit.
- There is a $10 surcharge for pet sitting visits on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. You will find that we are the only pet sitting company with the least amount of holidays that have a surcharge.
- Because the holiday season is a pet sitting company’s busiest time of the year, we have to routinely turn down business and, therefore, cannot risk losing a large amount of revenue from last minute cancellations that we normally allow (without penalty fees) during the rest of the year. All reservations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s holiday periods must be paid in full three weeks prior to your departure date. With the exception of severe weather, life threatening emergencies or a death in the family, cancellations made two weeks prior to the first visit are 50% refundable for the entire schedule, and that amount will be credited for future services. Cancellations one week prior to the first visit are 25% refundable for the entire schedule, and that amount will be credited for future services. Cancellations with less than one week’s notice are non-refundable.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal. Payment for services is to be paid in full on our first day of service (cash/checks) unless otherwise approved by management. If this will be a recurring appointment, then payment can be made at the end of each month if that is more convenient for you.
- There will be a $40 fee for all returned checks, and client will only be able to pay for services by credit card henceforth.
During Our Visit
- Sitters will use their best judgment regarding inclement weather, thunder storms, extreme heat or cold, sun exposure, etc.
- We will clean up pet accidents, however, if the situation calls for a professional cleaner, we will contact you as to how you want to proceed if you will be out of town for an extended period of time. We have a carpet cleaning company on retainer that can take care of the problem if you so choose.
- If you have valuable rugs, carpet, furniture, etc please leave special instructions on how to care for any incidents involving these items.
When You Leave
- Please leave a short itinerary with any additional contact information such as hotel name and phone number that we may have on file.
- Please leave supplies out and labeled if there is any chance of confusion.
- If there are any changes to your pet or his/her routine that is not on your client profile, please leave those instructions. Please update your profile as soon as possible if any of these changes are permanent.
Upon Your Return
- We ask for a confirmation text, call or e-mail upon your return to insure that your pets are not left unattended due to any emergencies you may encounter in your travels.
- If we do not hear from you and feel concerned for your pet’s welfare, we will continue to go to your home and you will be billed for those visits.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact us: